LoveLocalJobs.com is to bring together young work-ready apprenticeship applicants and employers who are looking to take on an ambitious apprentice.
What is an apprenticeship?
- A Government funded work based training program for both new and existing staff
What training programs are available?
- Business Administration
- AAT Level 2
- Customer Service/Sales
- IT, Software, Web and Telecoms Professionals
- Site Carpentry
- Health and Social Care
- Excercise & Fitness
- Activity Leadership
- Leisure Operations
Facts about apprenticeships
Did you know…
- in 2014 the most popular apprenticeship was health and social care
- since 2010, there have been over 2 million apprenticeship starts in England
- apprenticeships are available in over 170 industries including aerospace, fashion, broadcast media and finance – with 1500 job roles available
- in 1914 most apprentices started work aged 15 to 17, compared with 19 to 24 today
- women now take up 55% of apprenticeships
- 19% of advanced apprentices progress to Higher Education
- higher apprenticeships are available in 40 subjects
- 100 years ago the most common apprenticeship was dressmaking, followed by engineering
- 90% of apprentices stay in employment after finishing their apprenticeship (includes 2% self-employed)
- 71% of apprentices stay with the same employer
- 82% said their apprenticeship had improved their ability to do the job and 79% said that their career prospects had improved
- 100 years ago an apprentice could be summoned to court for being ‘idle’ or having a ‘bad attitude’
- more than 850,000 people have been earning and learning on an apprenticeship in 2013 to 2014
- up to 25,000 apprenticeship vacancies available online at any one time
- there were 1.4 million online applications in 2012 to 2013
- there has never been a better time to employ an apprentice, or start an apprenticeship
Sources: SFA data; National Audit Office; Ancestry; the Centre for Economics and Business Research.
If you need any assistance with any apprenticeship queries then please contact Sam at LoveLocalJobs.com. Sam’s role at LoveLocalJobs.com is to bring together young work-ready apprenticeship applicants and employers who are looking to take on an ambitious apprentice.
LoveLocalJobs.com is an award-winning recruitment platform that links the best talent with the latest local employment opportunities. We have the knowledge and experience to guide candidates and employers through the recruitment process and provide innovative ways to stay ahead of the competition.
Apply for a job in the Coastal West Sussex area on http://www.coastalwestsussexjobs.com/